Green Cellars Ltd
Terms and Conditions of Business Use
Last updated 24 November 2020
As a user of our website, and when making a purchase from Green Cellars, you acknowledge that you do so under these terms and conditions. We hope you will agree that they are designed to be fair to you and to us. We may change these from time to time by updating this page.
- Purchasing: all wines to be purchased in multiple of 6 (mixed or the same) except where a magnum is purchased in which case, 6 needs to be purchased first, unless 6 magnums are purchased. Ie, we do not sell one or two magnums on their own.
- Warranties: We warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order. Title will pass on delivery of the products, provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction. Here are our details should you want to contact us at:
Green Cellar Ltd
2 The Thicket, Penn, High Wycombe, HP10 8JQ
- Incorrect / missing or damaged products:
- In the event that any of the products in your order are incorrect, missing or damaged, please let us know within 48 hours.
- Where the incorrect, missing or damaged product is part of a case we will credit your Green Cellars account with the price you paid or a proportion of the total order price representing the proportion of the incorrect, missing or damaged order contents.
- Spend £150 and get Free Delivery
- Customers qualify for Free Delivery when spending over £150 in a single transaction to a single address and is based on our Standard Delivery option.
- Delivery and returns
- Where we deliver: We will deliver your wine to anywhere in England. If you would like delivery to the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Scotland, the Highlands, Scottish islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles, or further afield, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery timescales:
- Standard delivery - Our delivery is £7.95 per order to a single address. Standard delivery is a next working day service for all orders placed before 12pm, however, if this is not possible, we will contact you.
- Please note that at certain times (such as Christmas) the cut off time required for next working day delivery may change. Any changes will be shown on the website.
- Next working day orders placed after 12pm on Friday and before 12pm on Saturday will be delivered on the following Monday.
- Orders placed after 12pm on Saturday and before 12pm on Monday will be delivered on Tuesday.
- If you order 2 or more cases, they may not be delivered at the same time, but the delivery charge will stay the same.
- Our courier delivers Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm. During the festive period our couriers may deliver up to 8pm.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
- Prices and payment
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and wines must be purchased in cases of six, as marked (unless a magnum is ordered above the 6). The prices include Value Added Tax, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional, unless otherwise stated.
- We accept payment by Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro and MasterCard.
- Where you agree to buy from Green Cellars you agree to us holding your payment details while you are registered with us. This in no way restricts your rights to cancel.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
- Age restriction
- We will not sell wine to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. When you register your details, you will be required to enter a valid date of birth to confirm you are 18 years old or older. By placing an order, you also confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying a case of wine as a gift - the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
- Availability - Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. If you order a case of wine and some of the products are out of stock, we will replace them with equal or higher value wines. We promise that we will only ever replace up to three bottles without asking.
- Customer satisfaction - If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact our customer services department immediately at email@example.com
At Green Cellars, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 7 working days from the day after the date you receive your wine, provided all of the products are unopened and intact.
- In order to cancel your order, you must notify us by email on email@example.com
- It is your responsibility to hold onto the wine and take reasonable care of it until we come to collect it. Once we have confirmation the case is collected, we shall reimburse the price of the wine within 10 working days.
- Any products collected by our carrier must be in their original box to avoid further breakages, where possible. If the packaging has become damaged or weakened the courier will not accept the package. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, if this is the situation.
- Apologies to have to state the obvious, but once the wine has been delivered, in accordance with any specified delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient's responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or inaccurately described goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau. If you have any queries regarding delivery, please email us email@example.com
- Wine vouchers
If you have a voucher to redeem against the purchase of wine, the following terms and conditions apply, and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- Promotional vouchers can only be used on orders of eligible wine cases containing 6 or more wine bottles.
- You must be over 18 to redeem the voucher.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, may not be sold at auction and have no cash alternative.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the last activity. After 12 months any remaining balance will be removed. Balances added as store credit are valid for 12 months from the date added. After 12 months any remaining credit will be removed.
- Where a voucher is used in breach of the above conditions, Virgin Wines reserves the right to make a charge equivalent to the value of the voucher against the payment card used on the contravening order or take steps to recover the goods as it deems appropriate. A charge may be made to cover the cost of recovery of the goods.
- Data Protection
- For information about our Cookies - click here.
- If you are nervous about shopping on the web, don't be. We use secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
- Transactions are acquired by SagePay/Opayo, a registered payment gateway in UK. Card Holders may go to www.opayo.co.uk to view their security policy.
- It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
- All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to the greencellars.co.uk web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party's web site, without our prior written consent.
- Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Green Cellars liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
- loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
- We will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling of our products. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
- Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight, we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build-up of gases, extra care should be taken when opening these.